Giving from Your Retirement Plan
Leave family the balance of savings and checking accounts, and donate double-taxed assets like IRAs to us.
How It Works
- Name The Oregon State University Foundation as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your plan through your plan administrator.
- The balance in your plan passes to Oregon State University Foundation after your death.
Important Related Topics
- Avoid the potential double taxation your retirement savings would face if you designated them to your heirs.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Leave a lasting legacy by creating an endowed fund in your or your family’s name