Gifts of Real Estate
Donate a valuable asset in exchange for powerful tax benefits and possibly an income stream for you and/or your loved ones.
How It Works
- You deed your home, your vacation home, undeveloped property, or a commercial building to The Oregon State University Foundation.
- The Oregon State University Foundation may use the property for its own purposes or will sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at Oregon State University Foundation.
- More details about gifts of real estate.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of real estate.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.